At the beginning of this New Year 2016 we are writing this article to walk you throughout 2015 results that were achieved by the international department at EPITA. This will give you in a glance an insight of the efforts that has been invested during the last 12 months towards internationalization of our campus.
2015 in numbers versus 2014:
- 104 students in the master’s program – an increase of 43%
- 34 nationalities in master’s program – an increase of 100%
- 15 nationalities for the first time in September 2015- an increase of 168%
- 6 foreign students in the international bachelor program – an increase of 100%
- 39 exchange students coming from 10 destinations
- 2 students from the “Science sans Frontières” program.
- 43 students in the summer school program – an increase of 168%
- 60 nationalities on campus attending international programs
- 6 international educational fairs
- 4 events organized by Campus France
- 2 international educational virtual fairs
- 3 live sessions on campus channel
- 1 international conference in Lebanon for high school directors
- 2 new university partnerships in the middle east region
- 60 internship placements in French companies
- 45 on site internship follow-up visits
- 15 research & innovation projects that are currently in production
- 10 new courses offered in the master program for the first time
- 2 new on job modules “Action Learning” to validate the master degree prior to graduation
One of the major accomplishments of 2015 is gaining the label (FLE) with the highest ranking possible, 3 stars in all criteria: training, teachers, welcome, campus, and management. This label will allow our French for foreigners’ language center to host international students not following EPITA’s engineering programs from other institutions and sister schools.
The listed actions and events have shaped 2015 at EPITA and has enriched EPITA’s position on the French education map that was announced by the ministry of foreign affairs and international development.
A big thanks to all team members who contributed to this success and has worked hand in hand to achieve this long list of fruitful happenings.
Now in 2016 a new set of objectives has been put in place to continue our international growth and move more and more towards international campus.