French language and culture
July 1 – July 19, 2019
Creative, innovative and rewarding programs designed for students who wish to improve their level of French during the summer. These classes focus on original themes, with cultural and linguistic aspects. Taught by specialized teachers, this program is the key to success allowing students to more effectively communicate in French, succeed in future studies in France and enhance their professional careers.
- Contents of the courses are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFRL).
- Classes are focused on developing the four language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) as well as sociocultural
Classes are divided into different groups to suit every level. The group levels are based on the CEFRL scale:
- A1 (Beginner),
- A2/B1 (intermediate),
- B1/B2 (upper intermediate).
- Start date: July1, 2019 – End date: July 19, 2019
- Duration: 72 hours (3 weeks)
- Total ECTS: 6
- Venue: EPITA (Le Kremlin-Bicêtre – Paris)
- Application deadline: May 15, 2019
|Group 1||Beginner A1|
|Objectives||Prepare students to communicate in French in simple daily situations.|
Describing aspects of the student’s [academic] background, immediate environment and urgent matters using simple terms.
|Group 2||Elementary A2|
|Objectives||Prepare students to integrate daily life activities and school, and to manage in most situations when travelling in France and in French-speaking countries.|
|Pré-requisite||A1 in French|
Acquiring knowledge about French culture and discovering Paris
|Group 3||French for studies B1-B2|
|Objectives||Prepare students for advanced studies in a French graduate school or university.|
|Pré-requisite||B1 in French|
- Application Fee: €60
- Fees: €2,350, which include
- tuition and documentation,
- 72 hours of French language courses,
- accommodation & lunches on weekdays,
- public transport pass
- organization of several events (welcome dinner, certificate ceremony),
- weekly cultural visits/activities (Versailles Castle, Louvre Museum, visits of Parisian districts, ),
- WIFI access,
Optional: airport transfer
Participants who wish to cancel must do so in writing by email. Their tuition fees will partially be refunded as follows:
- Cancellation after May 15, 2019: 50% refund
- Cancellation after June 2, 2019: no refund possible
Early Bird (registration before April 15, 2019) and partner university students can receive a discount off the program price.
Contact – How to apply
For all questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about admissions (requirements, process…) is available on our website: