The Epitanime 2011 convention was held from May 20 to 22 on the IONIS Group campus Porte d’Italie in Paris. More than 7000 visitors were expected again this year.
Epitanime is an annual event and a must for all fans of Japanese animation. This two days and two nights festive event offers a space for expression, entertainment and meeting people devoted entirely to Japanese culture and Manga attitude.
The nineteenth edition is hosted by the Eponyme Student Association and it brings together students from EPITA, Epitech, e-artsup and Ionis-STM, combining numerous events including the classics like Cosplay, Karaoke , Concerts, Dedications as well as some novelties.
Two guests of honor were noteworthy:
– Daisuke Tsutsui of Group Galaxy 7 opened the convention Friday night with a concert;
-Dara, author of the “French Manga” whose fanzines have been published in Japan, signed on Saturday the Volume 2 of Apartment 44 that was released in April 2011.
Japanese culture, movies and animations
– Screening of “anime”
– Introductory courses in Asian Games
Contests and games
– 20 Years Anniversary of Sonic (decor, animation…)
– Competition “Bomberman” up to 100 players with 10 players on one screen
– “Doujin games” (Independent games)
– “Dance Dance Revolution”
– Epifestival: many stands in the courtyard Pastor with multiple events
Bloggers Area BD / dedications
– Davy Mourier, known for his comic blog “Badstrip” and for his role in the series “Nerdz” fanzines and goodies
– Stands for “fanzines”
– Goodies stands
– Consignment shop for visitors
Two giant karaoke concerts rooms
– Dokkaebi Cosplay (Costume Player)
Epitanime is one of the biggest events of cosplayers in France. It brings together what is best in terms of costumes and stage performances.
Epitanime 2011 – 19th edition
Group IONIS Technology Campus – South Paris, Porte d’Italie.
Friday, May 20: 8pm-7am the next day
Saturday, May 21: 9am-7pm, and then from 8pm to 7am the next day
Sunday, May 22: 9am-7pm
Free entry was granted to all students IONIS Technology Campus.
All terms can be read on the convention site.