The International Master of EPITA is characterized by the validation of 6 global competences that include:
C1 Carrying out functional studies through specifications
- Understanding user needs and activities,
- Understanding the environment and the functioning of the client company,
- Design and model an application's architecture,
- Participate in project management,
- Design and conduct workshops for user requirements,
- Conduct interviews with users,
- Prepare user guides and technical documentation,
- Prepare and conduct a meeting.
C2 Organization, monitoring and validation of IT developments following the requirements
- Monitor compliance with the specifications and its level of required compliance,
- Establish a reporting system (activity reports),
- Monitor project risks,
- Follow a forecasted budget,
- Follow a development schedule,
- Conduct a reporting meeting,
- Speak in public.
C3 Designing IT solutions on issues and in complex environments
- Identify the technical and detailed characteristics of application and model them,
- Prepare detailed specifications,
- Code and test in the chosen language,
- Respect the rules of programming methodology and quality assurance,
- Perform prototyping,
- Write documentation,
- Develop test cases,
- Maintenance and upgrading.
C4 Monitoring the implementation of IT solutions
- Conduct requirements analysis,
- Write specifications (specifications, requirements, quality, time, cost ...),
- Establish, develop and manage a team and mediate conflicts,
- Implement all the indicators for monitoring and management of project,
- Establish and follow a budget,
- Establish and follow a development schedule,
- Conduct meetings and perform redaction,
- Know-how of reporting.
C5 Cross-border management
- Being flexible,
- Having a positive attitude towards change,
- Learn quickly to integrate into professional and social environment,
- Squeeze in a context where the notions of time, values, functions are different,
- Adapt to the working methods of different stakeholder groups,
- Learn behavior consistency conforming to the cultural code of others,
- Respect others and their values, without being judgmental,
- Manage multicultural teams (country, age, skills ...).
C6 Technical and organizational expertise in an IT domain with industrial experience
N.B. - The know-how of this global competence (C6) depends on the specialization chosen by the student:
Specialization: "Information Systems Management"
- Educate management on technological developments and on contributions of IT,
- Understand customer needs (internal or external),
- Build technical and business strategy of IT projects,
- Manage implementation,
- Develop communication on IT projects internally and externally,
- Take the lead in change,
- Establish audit, study and advice on IT developments.
Specialization: "Software Engineering"
- Write functional specifications,
- Model business processes,
- Design and application of functional mapping,
- Develop scenarios and / or technical prototypes,
- Drive the development teams,
- Design and write a plan of integration,
- Write technical documents.
Specialization: "Computer Security"
- Define objectives and needs of security policy,
- Analyze the risks and threats and assess the consequences,
- Prepare and implement safety procedures,
- Achieve the security controls defined in the quality plan,
- Perform security audits to determine the vulnerability of the company,
- Perform a technology watch.